Sunday, January 14, 2007

My day with blue tiffany boxes...

So we are renovating our home, dust and debris all over. I know what can you do, when you want your home to be perfect for your upcoming child. Well, I can tell you what not to do...

American's have Tiffany's and well we Canadians have Birk's, why is it the same because well the beautiful blue boxes. Baby Showers are hard for me, not because I don't know what to get I just need to always get the perfect item. I think a child needs an heirloom piece that they can keep forever and ever. So here I am in great need to get it immediately this item and well I am in a time crunch so I have to go today.

Ok, go today... makes sense. Except I have to be at home, run into Home Depot and then go to Birk's. Does this equation make sense? Well for me it did. I politely walked into the Birk's and told the man sitting at the first counter, I apologise for my outfit today, but I have looked all over for this item and was told I could find it here. To where he responded, we don't care what you wear as long as you pay for the item.

Funny, as the woman at the Gold counter looked at me as I was Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. I truly was mortified by my outfit. Full of plaster dust and Root's Jogging pants I was off. I made my purchase and then moved on.

But please, don't make this mistake. I will never live it down in my head. Too hilarious!!

No comments: